Posted in Gynecomastia on August 15th, 2021
Breast surgery isn’t just for women. Men can be unhappy with their chest as well – it is actually quite common for a man to have a chest that is asymmetric or breast tissue that is enlarged. Gynecomastia (male breast surgery) can help. If you have been thinking about this procedure, here are some things you should know.
- Excess breast and fat tissue in men can be very difficult to get rid of. Men most often see swollen tissue in this area when they are teenagers or when they are over 50. Most teenagers, however, lose some of this excess tissue when they get into their 20s.
- This excess tissue can be caused by an underlying medical condition, which your doctor will want to rule out before a gynecomastia procedure (asking a doctor about enlarged male breasts is a good idea anyway, in case it is caused by a medical issue you should get treatment for). It can also be caused by certain medications (such as heart medications, antibiotics, and steroids), hormones, obesity, aging, genetics, heavy drinking, and the use of “street” drugs.
- Many men report that their chest feels swollen and tender because of excess tissue, yet another reason for gynecomastia.
- Gynecomastia can be done on an outpatient basis, and it typically only takes about 2 hours. Local anesthesia or general anesthesia is used. You should be generally healthy before the surgery.
- Incisions for this procedure can be hidden so that visible scars are minimal.
- You’ll start to see improvement in your chest about 2 weeks after the procedure, after the swelling starts to go down. You’ll see the final results in about 3 to 6 months, and the results are permanent as long as you take care of yourself and live a healthy lifestyle.
You don’t have to live with a large chest and any embarrassment that comes with it. Reducing the amount of breast tissue is not a complicated procedure, and it can give you results you can be proud of. Call Weinstein Plastic Surgery Center in Chester, New Jersey, about a gynecomastia procedure. Call (908) 879-2222 to set up a consultation today!
Posted in Mommy Makeover on July 30th, 2021
Moms deserve pampering – that’s a fact. They also deserve to love their bodies, even though part of being a mom means that the body goes through a lot of drastic changes. A mommy makeover is one step beyond pampering; it is a way to get some of your pre-baby body back!
What is a mommy makeover?
Your body has gone through a lot of changes after pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding. A mommy makeover can help with one or many of these changes. A mommy makeover is whatever you want it to be, based on the results you want to see. It may mean a tummy tuck to take care of that excess skin and fat, a breast lift for breasts that have lost volume, or liposuction for more toned hips and thighs. Or, it can be all three of these and more!
What are the benefits of a mommy makeover?
A mommy makeover means that many procedures are done all at once, or in only two sessions. This means that your exposure to anesthesia is reduced, and it also means just one or two recovery periods instead of several (after several different surgeries).
What happens after a mommy makeover?
It can take about 2 weeks to get back to your normal activities after this procedure and about 3 to 4 weeks to get back to strenuous activities such as sports. Make sure you have help around the house if your children are still young.
You should be finished having children, and you should be finished breastfeeding before you consider a mommy makeover. You should also lose as much of your pregnancy weight as possible.
Becoming a mom is a beautiful thing, but sometimes the body doesn’t easily bounce back from all of the changes that come with it. And sometimes dieting and exercise just don’t do the trick. If your baby is older and you finally have some time to spare, it may be the right time for some well-deserved pampering. For a mommy makeover consultation, call Weinstein Plastic Surgery Center in Chester, New Jersey. Contact them today, at (908) 879-2222.
Posted in Forehead Lift/Brow Lift on July 15th, 2021
The eyes, the lips, the nose – these are all common target areas when we are thinking about procedures to make us look younger. But what about the brow? The area above the eyes often gets overlooked, but it can indeed affect how we look (and how we feel about ourselves) and how others see us. Lines in the brow can make us look older than we are and perpetually concerned (even when we aren’t!). If you want to look younger, a brow lift may be the answer for you!
What is a brow lift?
A brow lift is a relatively simple procedure that can help to correct wrinkled and saggy skin above the eyes. The surgeon removes any excess skin and tightens up the skin that remains to remove wrinkles. A brow lift can also “tone up” the eyebrows and place them a bit higher. This procedure can be combined with other plastic surgery procedures, such as a face lift, to help you achieve your plastic surgery goals.
Why should I consider a brow lift?
A brow lift offers dramatic results to make you look younger, but it has other benefits as well. The results are long-lasting and the recovery time is quick (you can probably return to work in a week). You will have some bruising and swelling, but this should only last for 3 or 4 days. Because the work is done so close to the hair line, it is easy for the surgeon to make discreet incisions so that any scars can be easily hidden by hair.
Do people keep asking you if you are worried about something because of those permanent “worry lines” in your forehead? Or do they keep thinking you are older than you really are? The brow area is often forgotten when people are considering a plastic surgery procedure, but you might be surprised how much a brow lift can help to make you look younger. Contact Weinstein Plastic Surgery Center in Chester, New Jersey, today, for a brow lift consultation and see what it can do for you! Call (908) 879-2222.
Posted in Plastic Surgery, Plastic Surgery News on June 15th, 2021
It is important to carefully choose who will perform your plastic surgery – after all, they will not only be in control of your cosmetic changes but your health and safety as well. However, the process of choosing the right plastic surgeon can feel overwhelming. There are so many to choose from that you may not know where to start. Here are 4 tips to help you choose your ideal plastic surgeon.
- A good place to start is by asking around for referrals. Ask friends, family, and people at work – and don’t forget friends on social media. But don’t just get the doctor’s name and add it to your list. Ask what they liked about their surgeon, as well as what they didn’t like.
- When you go to their office for your consultation, evaluate the cleanliness of the office, the friendliness of the staff, and the demeanor of the doctor. If the office doesn’t seem very clean, the staff doesn’t seem to care that you have been waiting around for more than an hour after your appointment was supposed to start, and the doctor doesn’t seem to be listening to your concerns, it probably isn’t the doctor for you.
- Ask about training and certifications. Board certification means the doctor has undergone extensive training and has met stringent patient safety standards.
- Ask to see examples of their work. Any plastic surgeon you are considering should be able to show you before and after pictures of previous patients. When looking through photos, look for bodies and faces that had a structure similar to yours before their surgery, and check the results of the surgery.
Choosing a plastic surgeon is just as important as choosing a family doctor. Carefully think about what you hope to get out of plastic surgery, and take the time to consider the different doctors in your area. The staff at Weinstein Plastic Surgery Center in Chester, New Jersey, will be more than happy to discuss your procedure with you – they know you will decide that their office is the right one for you! Call (908) 879-2222 to set up a consultation today!
Posted in Rhinoplasty on June 15th, 2021
When you think of a nose job (or “rhinoplasty”), you probably think of it as a cosmetic procedure. However, rhinoplasty can also be an important step towards improving your health and your quality of life.
What happens during rhinoplasty?
Before your nose job, you will, of course, meet with your plastic surgeon to tell him or her what changes you would like to see. The plastic surgeon will develop a plan just for you so that you can see these results.
Rhinoplasty is an outpatient procedure. The surgeon will change the size and shape of your nose by adjusting, removing, or adding bone and cartilage.
How can rhinoplasty help health problems?
A bent or crooked septum (the “wall” between the two sides of the nose) or blockage in the nasal passages can cause both breathing and sleep problems. One sleep issue that may arise is sleep apnea, a serious condition in which the patient stops breathing over and over again throughout the night. This can cause the patient to wake up over and over again, as the body tries to get regular breathing started again. The patient may not even realize they are waking up throughout the night – they just know they are tired all the time. Over years of living with sleep apnea, serious health problems can result.
Snoring is another sleep problem (for you and perhaps your family members who are kept awake because of it!). Rhinoplasty can be used to remove or adjust cartilage in the nose or to straighten the septum to help stop snoring (however, you should be aware that obesity, asthma, or allergies can also cause snoring, and rhinoplasty won’t help if one of these is the cause of your snoring).
Rhinoplasty is a great way to change your appearance – after all, the shape and the size of the nose can affect how the entire face looks. But it can also help to improve your breathing, your sleep, and your health. Whether you are considering a nose job for cosmetic or medical reasons, Weinstein Plastic Surgery Center in Chester, New Jersey, can help. Call (908) 879-2222 for an appointment today!
Posted in Arm Liposuction on May 30th, 2021
Aging and fluctuations in weight can lead to loose, hanging skin on the underside of the upper arm. If you have flabby arms, arm liposuction can slim the contour of the arm and restore your self-esteem and confidence. Read on to learn more about the different types of arm liposuction and what to expect during surgery and recovery.
4 types of liposuction
There are four types of liposuction to treat the arms: traditional, tumescent, ultrasound-assisted and laser-assisted. Each procedure consists of removing fat through a thin cannula that is inserted through small incisions in the skin. Dr. Weinstein will discuss which liposuction method would be best for you and your condition.
Traditional liposuction consists of moving the thin cannula back and forth manually. This method can damage blood vessels and cause significant swelling, so it’s usually reserved for removing large areas of fat.
Tumescent liposuction consists of injecting an anesthetic into the tissue, causing the blood vessels to shrink or constrict. This method results in less swelling and bruising.
Ultrasound- and laser-assisted liposuction are less invasive treatments that liquify the fat using a smaller cannula. One added benefit to laser-assisted liposuction is that it firms the skin over the treatment area. The skin will get firmer over time with the other methods.
Ideal patients have stubborn areas of localized fat that don’t respond well to diet or exercise. Good candidates are also no more than 10-15 pounds overweight.
No matter which liposuction method is used, the outpatient procedure requires local anesthesia and takes 1-2 hours to perform.
Patients can expect soreness and bruising after surgery. You should rest your arms for 4-5 days after surgery. You will have to wear a compression sleeve around the upper arms for up to four weeks. Scarring is minimal as the incisions made are tiny.
Arm liposuction can get your arms ready to show off in sleeveless shirts and tank tops. To learn more about this procedure, schedule a consultation with Dr. Weinstein by calling (908) 879-2222.