- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- September 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- May 2010
- December 2009
Archive for July, 2021
Moms deserve pampering – that’s a fact. They also deserve to love their bodies, even though part of being a mom means that the body goes through a lot of drastic changes. A mommy makeover is one step beyond pampering; it is a way to get some of your pre-baby body back!
What is a mommy makeover?
Your body has gone through a lot of changes after pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding. A mommy makeover can help with one or many of these changes. A mommy makeover is whatever you want it to be, based on the results you want to see. It may mean a tummy tuck to take care of that excess skin and fat, a breast lift for breasts that have lost volume, or liposuction for more toned hips and thighs. Or, it can be all three of these and more!
What are the benefits of a mommy makeover?
A mommy makeover means that many procedures are done all at once, or in only two sessions. This means that your exposure to anesthesia is reduced, and it also means just one or two recovery periods instead of several (after several different surgeries).
What happens after a mommy makeover?
It can take about 2 weeks to get back to your normal activities after this procedure and about 3 to 4 weeks to get back to strenuous activities such as sports. Make sure you have help around the house if your children are still young.
You should be finished having children, and you should be finished breastfeeding before you consider a mommy makeover. You should also lose as much of your pregnancy weight as possible.
Becoming a mom is a beautiful thing, but sometimes the body doesn’t easily bounce back from all of the changes that come with it. And sometimes dieting and exercise just don’t do the trick. If your baby is older and you finally have some time to spare, it may be the right time for some well-deserved pampering. For a mommy makeover consultation, call Weinstein Plastic Surgery Center in Chester, New Jersey. Contact them today, at (908) 879-2222.
Posted in Mommy Makeover on July 30th, 2021
The eyes, the lips, the nose – these are all common target areas when we are thinking about procedures to make us look younger. But what about the brow? The area above the eyes often gets overlooked, but it can indeed affect how we look (and how we feel about ourselves) and how others see us. Lines in the brow can make us look older than we are and perpetually concerned (even when we aren’t!). If you want to look younger, a brow lift may be the answer for you!
What is a brow lift?
A brow lift is a relatively simple procedure that can help to correct wrinkled and saggy skin above the eyes. The surgeon removes any excess skin and tightens up the skin that remains to remove wrinkles. A brow lift can also “tone up” the eyebrows and place them a bit higher. This procedure can be combined with other plastic surgery procedures, such as a face lift, to help you achieve your plastic surgery goals.
Why should I consider a brow lift?
A brow lift offers dramatic results to make you look younger, but it has other benefits as well. The results are long-lasting and the recovery time is quick (you can probably return to work in a week). You will have some bruising and swelling, but this should only last for 3 or 4 days. Because the work is done so close to the hair line, it is easy for the surgeon to make discreet incisions so that any scars can be easily hidden by hair.
Do people keep asking you if you are worried about something because of those permanent “worry lines” in your forehead? Or do they keep thinking you are older than you really are? The brow area is often forgotten when people are considering a plastic surgery procedure, but you might be surprised how much a brow lift can help to make you look younger. Contact Weinstein Plastic Surgery Center in Chester, New Jersey, today, for a brow lift consultation and see what it can do for you! Call (908) 879-2222.
Posted in Forehead Lift/Brow Lift on July 15th, 2021
It is important to carefully choose who will perform your plastic surgery – after all, they will not only be in control of your cosmetic changes but your health and safety as well. However, the process of choosing the right plastic surgeon can feel overwhelming. There are so many to choose from that you may not know where to start. Here are 4 tips to help you choose your ideal plastic surgeon.
- A good place to start is by asking around for referrals. Ask friends, family, and people at work – and don’t forget friends on social media. But don’t just get the doctor’s name and add it to your list. Ask what they liked about their surgeon, as well as what they didn’t like.
- When you go to their office for your consultation, evaluate the cleanliness of the office, the friendliness of the staff, and the demeanor of the doctor. If the office doesn’t seem very clean, the staff doesn’t seem to care that you have been waiting around for more than an hour after your appointment was supposed to start, and the doctor doesn’t seem to be listening to your concerns, it probably isn’t the doctor for you.
- Ask about training and certifications. Board certification means the doctor has undergone extensive training and has met stringent patient safety standards.
- Ask to see examples of their work. Any plastic surgeon you are considering should be able to show you before and after pictures of previous patients. When looking through photos, look for bodies and faces that had a structure similar to yours before their surgery, and check the results of the surgery.
Choosing a plastic surgeon is just as important as choosing a family doctor. Carefully think about what you hope to get out of plastic surgery, and take the time to consider the different doctors in your area. The staff at Weinstein Plastic Surgery Center in Chester, New Jersey, will be more than happy to discuss your procedure with you – they know you will decide that their office is the right one for you! Call (908) 879-2222 to set up a consultation today!
When you think of a nose job (or “rhinoplasty”), you probably think of it as a cosmetic procedure. However, rhinoplasty can also be an important step towards improving your health and your quality of life.
What happens during rhinoplasty?
Before your nose job, you will, of course, meet with your plastic surgeon to tell him or her what changes you would like to see. The plastic surgeon will develop a plan just for you so that you can see these results.
Rhinoplasty is an outpatient procedure. The surgeon will change the size and shape of your nose by adjusting, removing, or adding bone and cartilage.
How can rhinoplasty help health problems?
A bent or crooked septum (the “wall” between the two sides of the nose) or blockage in the nasal passages can cause both breathing and sleep problems. One sleep issue that may arise is sleep apnea, a serious condition in which the patient stops breathing over and over again throughout the night. This can cause the patient to wake up over and over again, as the body tries to get regular breathing started again. The patient may not even realize they are waking up throughout the night – they just know they are tired all the time. Over years of living with sleep apnea, serious health problems can result.
Snoring is another sleep problem (for you and perhaps your family members who are kept awake because of it!). Rhinoplasty can be used to remove or adjust cartilage in the nose or to straighten the septum to help stop snoring (however, you should be aware that obesity, asthma, or allergies can also cause snoring, and rhinoplasty won’t help if one of these is the cause of your snoring).
Rhinoplasty is a great way to change your appearance – after all, the shape and the size of the nose can affect how the entire face looks. But it can also help to improve your breathing, your sleep, and your health. Whether you are considering a nose job for cosmetic or medical reasons, Weinstein Plastic Surgery Center in Chester, New Jersey, can help. Call (908) 879-2222 for an appointment today!
Posted in Rhinoplasty on June 15th, 2021
Aging and fluctuations in weight can lead to loose, hanging skin on the underside of the upper arm. If you have flabby arms, arm liposuction can slim the contour of the arm and restore your self-esteem and confidence. Read on to learn more about the different types of arm liposuction and what to expect during surgery and recovery.
4 types of liposuction
There are four types of liposuction to treat the arms: traditional, tumescent, ultrasound-assisted and laser-assisted. Each procedure consists of removing fat through a thin cannula that is inserted through small incisions in the skin. Dr. Weinstein will discuss which liposuction method would be best for you and your condition.
Traditional liposuction consists of moving the thin cannula back and forth manually. This method can damage blood vessels and cause significant swelling, so it’s usually reserved for removing large areas of fat.
Tumescent liposuction consists of injecting an anesthetic into the tissue, causing the blood vessels to shrink or constrict. This method results in less swelling and bruising.
Ultrasound- and laser-assisted liposuction are less invasive treatments that liquify the fat using a smaller cannula. One added benefit to laser-assisted liposuction is that it firms the skin over the treatment area. The skin will get firmer over time with the other methods.
Ideal patients have stubborn areas of localized fat that don’t respond well to diet or exercise. Good candidates are also no more than 10-15 pounds overweight.
No matter which liposuction method is used, the outpatient procedure requires local anesthesia and takes 1-2 hours to perform.
Patients can expect soreness and bruising after surgery. You should rest your arms for 4-5 days after surgery. You will have to wear a compression sleeve around the upper arms for up to four weeks. Scarring is minimal as the incisions made are tiny.
Arm liposuction can get your arms ready to show off in sleeveless shirts and tank tops. To learn more about this procedure, schedule a consultation with Dr. Weinstein by calling (908) 879-2222.
Posted in Arm Liposuction on May 30th, 2021
The size and shape of a woman’s breasts are important to self-image and can impact your confidence. If you are unhappy with the appearance of your breasts, you may be considering your options for breast surgery. Here, we break down the differences between breast procedures and which one may be best for you and your concerns.
The most popular cosmetic surgery procedure each year, breast augmentation surgery consists of using silicone gel or saline implants to give you the size and shape of breasts that you desire. Patients often seek this surgery if they have underdeveloped breasts, asymmetrical breasts or lost volume due to pregnancy and nursing. If sagging is a problem as well, a breast augmentation may be performed with a breast lift.
A breast lift, or mastopexy, helps improve the appearance of breasts that are sagging due to the loss of elasticity in the skin. This is caused by aging, pregnancy and nursing, and weight gain or loss. A breast lift will help reshape and raise the breasts into a more youthful position.
For women with abnormally large breasts, they may be seeking surgery to help them with physical pain and discomfort as well as psychological effects. A breast reduction helps women find relief, and this surgery has one of the highest patient satisfaction rates because of it. Large breasts can prevent you from certain exercises and make women feel self-conscious or avoid certain activities.
Male Breast Reduction
For men who are dealing with large breasts, a male breast reduction or gynecomastia, is a surgical procedure that will give them more masculine contours.
For women who have abnormal breasts or have had mastectomies for cancer treatment, a breast construction can help them achieve the contours they desire.
The best candidates for any breast procedure are in good general health and have realistic expectations for the outcome of surgery. If you are interested in learning more and wondering if you’d be a good candidate for a breast procedure, schedule a consultation with Dr. Weinstein by calling (908) 879-2222.
Aging, pregnancy, weight loss and even sun damage can cause your buttocks and thighs to sag or appear flatter than you’d like. Thankfully, there are plastic surgery procedures that can help improve the contour, size and shape of the behind. Read on to learn more about buttock and outer-thigh lifts and what to expect during surgery.
- A buttock lift and outer-thigh lift can be performed separately or together to help you achieve the look you desire. This improves the shape and tone of the behind.
- Ideal candidates are those who are in good general health, do not smoke and are not significantly overweight. They have excess skin and tissue in their buttocks and outer thighs and have realistic expectations about the outcome of the procedures to address these concerns.
- Buttock and thigh lifts are typically outpatient procedures performed under general anesthesia.
- During a buttock lift, an incision is made across the top of the buttocks from one hip bone to the other. The incision is made so that it can be easily concealed by underwear and bikinis. Dr. Weinstein removes the excess skin and fat and may perform liposuction.
- During an outer-thigh lift, the incision is made in the groin area. Excess skin and fat are removed, and liposuction may be performed.
- After surgery, patients may need to wear compression garments to help with swelling and the healing process.
- Patients may experience swelling, soreness and bruising for up to a month after surgery. Prescription medication can be used to control pain.
- Patients often return to work and their regular activities about two weeks after surgery. They should avoid strenuous activities for at least four weeks.
- After surgery, patients see better tighter, firmer contours and tighter, smoother skin.
- Unless there is significant weight loss or weight gain, patients can expect results to be long lasting.
A buttock lift and outer-thigh lift can help you achieve the youthful contours you desire. To learn more, schedule a consultation with Dr. Weinstein by calling (908) 879-2222.
Botox is the most recognizable name when it comes to cosmetic injections, but it’s not effective on all types of wrinkles. While Botox works best on dynamic wrinkles—which are wrinkles that appear in the skin over a contracting muscle—it isn’t effective on static wrinkles. These wrinkles are caused by aging, sun damage and the loss of collagen production in the body. That’s when cosmetic fillers step in and can help patients achieve a more youthful appearance.
Read on to learn more about cosmetic fillers and how they work.
- Cosmetic fillers are injectables that increase volume, enhance contours and temporarily smooth out wrinkles in the skin.
- Cosmetic fillers such as Juvederm, Voluma and Bolotero are made of a gel hyaluronic acid, cartilage-like substance that act like “liquid face lifts.
- Bolotero and Juvederm are used to augment or plump lips.
- Juvederm Plus is ideal for nasolabial folds, which are the indentation lines on both sides of the mouth that extend from the bottom edge of the nose to the outer corners of the mouth.
- Bolotero works well on fine lines and wrinkles.
- Voluma is ideal for filling out the cheeks as it has the highest viscosity gel available.
- You can combine dermal fillers with neurotoxins like Botox to achieve the youthful appearance you desire
- Dermal fillers have also been used in conjunction with cosmetic procedures to further enhance your results.
- Dermal filler appointments take minutes, and you are able to return to your regular schedule once you leave the doctor’s office.
- Side effects are minimal, but may include minor swelling, bruising or redness at the injection site.
- While results vary depending on the type of filler used, you will see immediate results that continue to improve and last anywhere from a few months to 1-2 years.
There are a number of cosmetic fillers that can help you achieve a more youthful, rejuvenated appearance in just a matter of minutes. To learn more, schedule a consultation with Dr. Weinstein by calling (908) 879-2222.
Posted in Dermal Fillers on April 15th, 2021
If you have been wanting to get a smoother, firmer abdominal profile, you may have been thinking about whether a tummy tuck is right for you. A tummy tuck, also known as abdominoplasty, removes excess fat and skin and tightens weakened or separated abdominal muscles. Here are some reasons why you may be a good candidate for a tummy tuck:
- You’ve lost a lot of weight and now have an “apron” of loose skin that hangs over your lower abdominal area.
- You have loose skin and abdominal muscles that need to be tightened after going through pregnancy.
- You have tried every diet and exercise program and are at or near your ideal weight, yet you still have a “pooch” of loose skin that bothers you.
- You are in good overall health and at a stable weight.
- You have a positive outlook and realistic expectations for surgical outcomes.
- You are a non-smoker.
- You are bothered by the appearance of your abdomen.
- You understand that a tummy tuck is not a substitute for weight loss or a weight-loss program.
- Even though the results of surgery are technically permanent, you understand that gaining weight can diminish or negate your results.
- If you are planning on losing a substantial amount of weight or are considering future pregnancies, you should postpone tummy tuck surgery.
- A tummy tuck may remove or improve the appearance of stretch marks if they are in the areas of the excess skin that will be removed.
A tummy tuck requires general anesthesia, so you will be asleep during the entire operation. Depending on whether you have a complete or partial abdominoplasty, the procedure can take two to five hours to complete.
Incisions are made just above the public area and from hip bone to hip bone fur a complete tummy tuck. For a partial tummy tuck, the incision is shorter. In both cases, the healed scar will be hidden by the line of your panty or bikini bottom.
If you’re interested in learning whether you’re a candidate for tummy tuck surgery, schedule a consultation with Dr. Weinstein by calling (908) 879-2222.
Posted in Tummy Tuck on March 30th, 2021
If you are a man with enlarged breasts, you may be refraining from certain physical activities due to emotional distress from having the condition. The overdevelopment of men’s breasts is called gynecomastia, and it’s a condition that can affect men of all ages. Read on to learn more about gynecomastia and how to treat it.
What is gynecomastia?
Gynecomastia affects approximately one out of every two men at some point in their lives. Breasts are made up of fatty and glandular tissue. Gynecomastia consists of excess fatty and glandular tissue and can be present in one or both breasts. Sometimes men have excess breast skin as well.
Gynecomastia is often caused by an imbalance of the hormones estrogen and testosterone, and affects newborns, boys going through puberty and older men. Other causes include genetics, certain types of medication, certain health conditions and weight gain.
Weight loss may help somewhat but will rarely alone result in the breast reduction men desire. Reduction mammaplasty is plastic surgery that reduces breast size, improves nipple anatomy and improves chest contours. Liposuction to remove the excess fatty and glandular tissue may be the only thing that’s needed for some patients. Others may need a procedure that involves making an incision around the areola, or the darkened part around the nipple, to remove the nubbin core of breast tissue, suction sculpt surrounding fatty tissue and remove excess skin to lift the areola for a more youthful appearance.
Male breast reduction is an outpatient procedure with local standby or general anesthesia. There is very little downtime required.
Candidates for surgery
If you’ve tried other non-surgical treatments to try to correct your enlarged breasts, you may need surgery. To be considered for surgery, you should be in good physical health, nonsmoking, have a positive outlook, specific goals and realistic expectations for surgical outcomes. It’s important that your breast development has stabilized to avoid future corrective surgery if breasts continue to develop.
If you’re interested in learning more about treatment for gynecomastia, schedule a consultation with Dr. Weinstein by calling (908) 879-2222.
Posted in Gynecomastia on March 15th, 2021
Request A Consultation
Office HoursMonday: 9am-6:30pm
To make an appointment 9-5 everyday.
Please email us for an appointment 24/7 or call our office and leave a message for our staff that will be returned the next business day.
Closed: Labor Day
Closed: Memorial Day